MS Project Server 2007: My Tasks Web Part Error
- One or more of your resource report that his "My Tasks" is showing a SharePoint error message
- If you know how to query your database (Published DB of your server) and get unfortunately one row at least, this would indicate a corrupted
SELECT MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_NAME, MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.TASK_NAME,
FROM MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED INNER JOIN
MSP_PROJECTS ON MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.PROJ_UID =
MSP_PROJECTS.PROJ_UID INNER JOIN
MSP_RESOURCES ON MSP_ASSIGNMENTS_SAVED.RES_UID =
WHERE (NOT EXISTS
WHERE (TASK_UID =
To resolve this issue try the following
· Open Gantt View, Insert "Publish" column, and select No for the task that you got from the above query
· Publish your project.
· Again Gantt View, For the "Publish" column, and select "Yes" for the task that you got from the above query
· Publish you project
· Create a new task with remaining work as work from Task corrupted.
· Re-assign the resources to this task.
· Release the resources from the previous task whereby Remaining Work = 0 and task maked 100% complete.
· Publish the Task/Project
How can Tasks get corrupted?
A common trend that I have seen is for Tasks that are tracked following the Actual work done and work remaining. (Where Resources report the actual work done and the work remaining to be done on each task) whereby, actuals have been entered against this task. If the project manager then switches and tracks progress on task with % complete this could corrupt task assignments giving rise to the error.